I went by my lys the other day (it’s conveniently located next to my office) and they had a cute tank top on display. I went in to look at it and an employee came over to talk to me and see if I needed help. I said that I liked the tank but was worried about the fit; I had sort of thought that my next tank should have short-row shaping. She said she thought this one would be fine, and would I like to try it on? I did, and I liked it, so I got the pattern and some yarn. I am not normally a pink person but this just called my name. It’s really pretty and it’s actually two-toned although you only see that if you look closely.

The pattern is by an employee at the yarn shop and it’s a pattern they put out, here’s a photo of the picture page of the pattern so you can see what the tank looks like. I actually am not at all attracted to this tank based on this photo; but the store model looks good and I liked it when I tried it on.

I cast on on Monday and have spent a few hours working on it so far. I like it, but I’m not really liking my Denises with this yarn. The yarn is kind of splitty and doesn’t have much give; I don’t think the Denises are quite pointy enough for the K2togs and s1k1pssos. Also, because I’m using … either the 5’s or 6’s, I forget which … at any rate, the needles are almost the same size as the cord, so the work just doesn’t slide along the needles. I’m constantly tugging and fighting with the yarn. I don’t really want to shell out for more needles at the moment though so I’ll just suck it up and deal. Plus I’ve come too far to want to start over with new needles and I *know* my gauge would change.

Here’s a close-up of the patterned rib stitch:

I’ve since spent another 2 hours on it at my local knitting group, but Blogger ate my post earlier today when I took the photo. I’m working the front and back together at this point to ensure that 7.5″ happens at the same point on the front and back and because I know I’d never finish otherwise! I am at the point now when I’m bored and ready to move on to the next step; unfortunately, I’m only 4 inches into a 7.5″ section. BUMMER!