My coworker’s baby shower was today. I finished the soaker on Wednesday. I ripped out the first cuff and re-did it differently. I picked up ~56 stitches on a sz 3 needle and worked k1, p1 ribbing for 8 rows and then did *k1, p1, k1, p1, k2tog* followed by *k1, p1, k1, p1, k1* for six? rounds. It’s a little more than the 1″ cuff that the pattern called for but I wanted to make sure it was going to be snug. I think at the very end I had a k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, p1. Not sure why I did that now, but it made sense at the time. Here’s a closeup of the cuff. I think I could have done ssk or something to make the transition a little bit smoother.. but I wasn’t about to fuss with it too much. I bound off very loosely with sz 8 needles and it seems to be stretchy enough.

I tried to take a good photo of the yarn color and couldn’t manage. This one is the best I could do in terms of showing off the subtle variations in color. I like it much better double-stranded than I did singled. Beautiful yarn, too. It’s brighter than this photo, but not quite as bright as the photo below. It’s lovely. Anyway, she seemed to like it and she knew what it was so hopefully it will work properly. Keep your fingers crossed! She promised me an update but couldn’t guarantee a photo – they don’t have a digital camera! I wonder how long that will last…:)

That’s an 8.5×11 inch piece of paper to give you an idea of how big it is :) Posted by Picasa

Advertisements