I know I should wait until it’s completely finished, but I finished knitting a cardigan from the Nora yarn I got Monday on Tuesday (yes, you read that right. It was a super fast knit.) and I thought it would be fun to show it off. I still need to weave in the ends and block it, but basically it’s done.
The pattern is basically Daisy from Knitty, with some modifications: I knit it in the round joining sleeves to the body at the underarm, I did more rows of seed stitch for the borders (three rows never stops the curl in my experience) and four-stitch button plackets instead of three. I *may* go back and cut out two rows of the collar, I did five rows of seed stitch here to mimick the hems but I think it looks a little bit funny so I may fuss with that a little bit.


The front view

Here’s the back side

The striping on the body is not my favorite but it is ok, definitely not worth ripping!


Here is a sleeve – I LOVE how the yarn striped here!


This is how much yarn was left over. I think it’s a good thing I didn’t go up one size!

Advertisements