You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘hat’ category.
I made this little soaker sack last week to use up some Three Irish Girls Peregrine Merino that I had lying around. The variegated color is Rhiannon, the green trim is Dolan. This yarn is from when 3IG was still called Irish Baby Knits, so I think the colorway is a little bit different now.
It still needs the drawstring, but I’m making a little hat with the leftover yarn first and then whatever is still left after that I will use for the drawstring.
This thing is STURDY. It’ll be bulletproof!
Here’s the start of the hat. Baby heads are tiny!
The coronet is finally finished, complete with pompom. I love it! It’s a tiny bit on the large side which I prefer, I just hope it fits my hat swap partner.
The cable band was a lot of fun to do. I slipped the first stitch of each row to help make a more defined edge. I am pretty sure I like it it better than not slipping, it almost looks like an i-cord edging.
My grafting job was reasonable, not fabulous but reasonable, and I did go back in with some duplicate stitching to better define the cables where they met.
Here is the teaser photo I sent my swap buddy. I included a neat little snowflake tin (she said she likes snowflakes), some stitch markers, some autumn-inspired novelty yarn (enough for a scarf – she said autumn colors are favorites of hers), some fabulous notecards from my friend Rachel (with snowflakes!) and a few other bits and pieces.
I knitted this hat for a swap I am doing on Livejournal. I hope my swap partner likes it. Right now I just need to weave in the ends, and then block it. I also need to decide if I want it to have a pompom or not.
What do you think?
(Pardon the bad photo – it’s January in Washington).
Here is another Esther Williams hat. I had been meaning to look up Esther Williams and try to figure out why this hat is called after her, but I found out why at my knitting group on Wednesday so now I don’t even have to look it up! Apparently she is a competitive swimmer of some sort (so she wears swim caps), and someone thought Laura’s prototype looked like a swim cap. Aha!
Again, this has no crochet edging yet. I might try to add it, though. I used Mission Falls 1824 superwash wool. It’s really soft and squishy but I actually don’t like it all that much. I suspect it would be better with a larger needle (I used a 6, recommended is 8), but mostly it just feels super processed. Which it is, of course, but still. Also, it was really incredibly splitty, especially the few times I had to rip a bit and re-do.
I did make a modification to the pattern, due solely to not paying attention at my knitting group! Instead of doing three full repeats and then starting the decreases (per the pattern) or four full repeats and then starting decreases (as I did on my last version of this hat, to make it longer), I did one and a half repeats and then started the decreases. I had to slightly reposition the decreases to take this into account. Basically, I forgot to keep track of how much I had done so I did not start the decreases when I meant to, and once I had gotten that far I didn’t want to rip it back out.. but I thought four full decreases would be too long.
Anyway, I really like this pattern still and think it makes a fabulously warm and cosy hat. This one is also a Christmas gift but I might make one for myself sometime… with some really nice wool.
I had some yarn leftover from my felted bag, so I made this little hat. I’ll be donating it to my LYS which is collecting warm hats. I think it’s for the Dulaan Project.
I started with six stitches and did kfab increases in sets of 6 until it seemed big enough.
Then I worked until I was out of blue, then I worked until I was out of red (which was really mostly orange for the hat). My cast off is a little tight so I might re-do it tomorrow.